Subjects offered for International students in 2020/2021
The First Cycle University Study Programme "LAW"
- English Legal terminology (U014, 5 ECTS, winter semester)
- Legal History (U001, 5 ECTS, winter semester)
- EU Legal System and Institutions (U007, 5 ECTS, summer semester)
- Private International Law (U021, 5 CTS, winter semester)
- Family and Succession Law (U010, 7 ECTS, winter semester)
- EU Internal Market Law (U022, 5 ECTS, winter semester)
- Civil Procedure (U015, 8 ECTS, winter semester)
- Public International Law (U020, 6 ECTS, summer )
- Labour Law (U016, 7 ECTS, summer semester)
- Financial Tax Law (U016, 6 ECTS, summer semester)
- International Trade Law (U032, 6 ECTS, summer semester)
- Criminal Law (U005, 8 ECTS, winter semester)
- Criminal Procedure Law (U006, 9 ECTS, winter semester)
- Law of Commercial Contracts (U018, 8 ECTS, winter semester)
- Capital Market and Securities Law (U036, 6 ECTS, winter semester)
The Second Cycle University Study Programme "LAW"
- European Competition Law (MP16, 7 ECTS, summer semester)
- Comparative Law and Great legal Systems (MP21, 7 ECTS, summer semester)
- Philosophy and Theory of Law (MP02, 7 ECTS, summer semester)
- European Company Law - Freedom of Establishment (MP20, 7 ECTS, winter semester)
Link to more detailed descriptions of study programmes and study units of University of Maribor.
The majority of chosen subjects in your LA has to be from the faculty that covers study areas, specified in the Erasmus+ Interinstitutional Agreement between your home university and the University of Maribor.
REGISTRATION IN STILL OPEN!
The enrolment for the 2nd cycle Master's study programme "Law" and "European Legal Studies" at the Faculty of Law, University of Maribor, is still possible.
The second submission is possible until 6 September 2020 via the portal eVŠ.
The study programme European Legal Studies will be performed in a hybrid form, with a majority of lectures taking place in web-platform MS Teams.
We remain available for any additional questions at email@example.com.
>>> 8 reasons to choose Master's study programme "European Legal Studies" at Faculty of Law Maribor <<<
- The Faculty of Law provides a wealth of research facilities empowered by educational technologies, academic services, well-equipped modern libraries and reading rooms with access to international legal databases.
- It offers the opportunity to participate in the Erasmus programme, other cooperation programmes and networks encouraging the interchange of ideas between students, academic staff and the frequent visiting lecturers.
- Our lecturers are internationally renowned legal experts. They are specialised in various disciplines of EU law and many of them hold important positions in judiciary and other legal institutions.
- The programme offers in-depth studies of the classic branches of European law and those aspects of European integration that influence its relations with the international community.
- The programme deals with the multifaceted aspects of European integration linked with the political, social, economic, business, security, defence, energy, environmental and similar interests of the Member States and the Union as a whole. It will provide professional training that will superbly prepare the student to become a lawyer that will be empowered to perform the most demanding jobs in legal, economic and non-economic positions in the EU and in the international environment, which requires specific legal skills and additional professional qualifications.
You are invited to watch the video content.
Dear international student,
from our Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Sports, we forward an important message to you, as follows:
Please, respect the regulations on quarantine during the term of the COVID-19 measures and do not return to Slovenia, as long as they are valid.
At the moment, we cannot provide quarantine for a larger number of international students and the ministry is not going to allow exceptions. If you wish to come in spite of this strong recommendation, please, carefully study the possibilities along your total travel corridor, get the latest information from the Embassy of the Republic of Slovenia competent for your country. WE explicitly warn you that Student Dormitories are not a proper place to execute quarantine.
We provide you with the possibility to conduct your study obligations from distance. Here, we stress the already communicated possibility of a prolongation of the student status due to article 49 of the Act on Intervention Measures for the Limitation of COVID-19 epidemic and the lowering of its consequences for citizens and economy (Official Gazette (Uradni list) of the RS, no. 49/20 and 61/20), if you will not be able to pass all missing obligations till the end of the academic year.
We do our best to support you in this difficult time and wish you all a healthy and productive summer.
University of Maribor retained the HR Excellence in Research award for its progress in implementing the 40 principles of the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers through human resources policy, strategy and action plan. The prize is awarded by the European Commission. With carefully selected assessors it continuously controls the progress of the implementation of principles through the mentioned strategic documents. This control is carried out by means of transparently published documents on websites and their practical implementation in form of assessors' visits in research organisations or at universities.
Prof. dr. Boštjan Brezovnik, prof. dr. Gorazd Trpin and prof. dr. Senko Pličanič published a book entitled: 'Public Administration System'
This book provides a comprehensive overview of the public administration system. Its special quality is that it deals with the entire public administration system in one place, which is why the authors had to define its boundaries, core institutions and functions and its relationship with the external environment. The purpose was not to consider all public administration issues in depth, but at a system level, making it an overarching work for the further study of the public administration system.
REPAS, Martina (avtor, urednik), RIJAVEC, Vesna (avtor, urednik), KNEZ, Rajko, KRALJIĆ, Suzana, KERESTEŠ, Tomaž, IVANC, Tjaša, SLADIČ, Jorg, EKART, Andrej.
BREZOVNIK, Boštjan, OPLOTNIK, Žan, MLINARIČ, Franjo
Svoboda izražanja, mediji in demokracija v postfaktični družbi : filozofske, teoretične in praktične refleksijeTERŠEK, Andraž (avtor, urednik), BAŠIĆ-HRVATIN, Sandra, BLAŽIČ, Miha, KOGOVŠEK ŠALAMON, Neža, KUČIĆ, Lenart J., NEŽMAH, Bernard, PAVČNIK, Tomaž, PRELESNIK, Mojca, RIBIČIČ, Ciril, SALECL, Renata, SVETLIČ, Rok, ŠTEFANČIČ, Marcel, TERŠEK, Silvo, TOPLAK, Jurij, TOPLAK PEROVIĆ, Barbara, VIDEMŠEK, Boštjan, ZOBEC, Barbara, ZOBEC, Jan, ŽENKO, Ernest
BREZOVNIK, Boštjan, TRPIN, Gorazd, OPLOTNIK, Žan, MLINARIČ, Franjo
Pravilnik o zemljiški knjigi. Pravilnik o elektronski izmenjavi podatkov med zemljiško knjigo in katastriTRATNIK, Matjaž, VRENČUR, Renato
BREZOVNIK, Boštjan, OPLOTNIK, Žan, MLINARIČ, Franjo
PLAVŠAK, Nina (avtor, urednik), CERANJA, Karmen, HUDEJ, Jasna, KONČINA PETERNEL, Mateja, LAJEVEC, Maja, OROŽ, Damjan, PODGORŠEK, Bojan, RAZDRIH, Žiga, ŠČERNJAVIČ, Iztok, VERČKO, Miha, VODOPIVEC, Katarina, VRENČUR, Renato, VUGRIN, Marijana, ZORMAN KRČ, Maja
EKART, Andrej (avtor dodatnega besedila), RIJAVEC, Vesna (avtor dodatnega besedila), UDE, Lojze (avtor dodatnega besedila), KERESTEŠ, Tomaž (avtor dodatnega besedila)